Sunday, December 15, 2013

keep smiling.

cue the dramatic music, I'm feeling moody.

Winter break couldn't have come at a better time.
The past few weeks at school were pretty rough for me emotionally.
I found out (through facebook nonetheless) that my ex-boyfriend is engaged to the girl he started dating about a week after he broke up with me and never spoke to me again.
As much as I hate to admit it, this news really set me back. It crushed me.
I am so thankful for my loving family and friends who talked some sense back into me.
Most importantly for my mom and dad who came to visit me right away, with no agenda, just to be together and get my mind off of it.
--
I hope to always remember this verse: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

I know that one day I will meet someone so much more wonderful than I could have ever dreamed.
It's okay to be sad when things don't turn out the way that we want them to.
There is a reason-and one day we will see it.
For now, just keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment