Saturday, May 25, 2013

berry berry good

Recently I started a new Saturday morning tradition. I don't set my alarm (let's be real, my internal alarm clock doesn't believe in sleeping past 8:30 anyway), I get a big cup of coffee and crawl back into bed to read. This morning my reading material of choice was the June SELF edition.

An article about sunscreen stuck out to me.
Do you know what is a great combination with wearing sunscreen?
Eating berries.
Berries contain antioxidants, beneficial in vitamins C and E, which help to fight free radicals (unstable, damaging electrons that can lead to cancer).
Green tea is also great for suncare-it contains catechins, antioxidants said to be beneficial for long lives. 

Whether you like berries and green tea or not, it is SO important to lather up on the sunscreen. I put sunscreen on under my makeup every morning, no matter what. If I am at the beach or on a run, I wear a hat. 
A few years back when my friends and I were at the beach for senior week, they might have been calling me "soccer mom" for wearing a baseball hat at the beach. I didn't care-it worked.

While I still love a good baseball cap, this year I got a nice floppy, stylish hat for days in the  backyard pool.
from here

Now go grab a handful or two of berries, a hat, SELF magazine, and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment