Friday, November 8, 2013

sneaking in your vegetables

This week I started interning with an RD who has a radio show and teaches cooking classes.
I am loving it! It is so cool to see a different kind of dietetics other than a clinical setting.

Last night's class was "Vegetarian Sides for Thanksgiving" and it was awesome.
We made some delicious dishes (sadly, I don't have pictures): quinoa stuffing, pumpkin hummus, bourbon sweet potatoes and my favorite: Ruby Red Pie.

Ruby Red Pie is made of pureed beets, walnuts and raisins.
OH MY GOSH. It was amazing! 
Honestly, I don't think that I ever tried beets before, but putting them in a pie crust was definitely the way to try them first. Amazing. I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving!
(not my picture)

This is a great way to sneak in some vegetables! I love sneaky foods like this. Black bean brownies or a kale smoothie are great ideas too.
I think I need to re-read this book
it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment