Monday, November 18, 2013

Philly Marathon 2013!

Yesterday I ran my 2nd marathon and PR'ed by almost an hour!
I am so thrilled. Last year I wanted to just be happy that I finished but truthfully I was not. I just wasn't happy with my time last year (4:55) and really wanted to do better this time around.
I ran it in 3:57 yesterday! 

I enjoyed yesterday's race so much better than last year-obviously I am bias-but it was such a nice day and I felt confident going into the race. 
I NEVER thought I would be running a marathon, let alone more than one.
I signed up for Philly last year as a deal to myself. I wanted to prove to myself that I am strong and not to listen to voices in my head that told me I wasn't. I didn't want to feel bad for myself about the breakup anymore. I said if I finished it I would stop thinking about it.

Honestly, that didn't really happen but I'm getting there.
It's hard when you are still single to not be hard on yourself when it is your fault. 
Running has become a part of me and I truly do love it-I wouldn't have ever been able to say that before. My advice to anyone who is struggling with heartbreak of any kind is to do something that makes you feel strong. Reminding yourself that you are in charge and that you can do something will make a huge difference in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment