Sunday, December 8, 2013

cozy Sunday + vegetable barley stew

Today was the ultimate cozy day!

I woke up to snow and it is still snowing ten hours later as I type this.
Instead of venturing out, I opted to make some soup in the crockpot, study and reward myself with Love Actually.
I hung some Christmas lights up too, so with the addition of Love Actually, I am feeling rather festive today.
It is hard to get in the Christmas spirit being away from home! 


Vegetable Barley Stew
I didn't measure anything-just throw in however much you like!

1 onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beans, drained (any kind, I used kidney)
1 bell pepper
vegetable stock
barley
mixed frozen vegetables
garlic
salt & pepper

Throw it in the crockpot, set it on low and cook for 4-6 hours.

The perfect recipe for a cozy snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment