Thursday, December 5, 2013

vegetable spotlight: cauliflower

Taking a much needed study break to fill you in on my new favorite vegetable:
Cauliflower!

I'll set the scene for you: broke college student wanting to spend the minimum amount on healthy groceries before moving home for the next month. Mom sends her back to school with ziploc bag full of cauliflower. 

Since I've been lazy, I've just been enjoying this cruciferous (#nerdalert) vegetable with some hummus, but you could go crazy with it. On Thanksgiving we had it steamed with some red pepper flakes. Serving it mashed like potatoes is a great option as well!

Not convinced??

Cauliflower is exceptionally high in vitamins C, K and folate.  It is also said to be an anti-inflammatory aid! 

Well, I'm off to study again. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment