Sunday, January 12, 2014

golden globes pizza

My best friend and I have held a tradition for the past few years of making homemade pizza and watching the award shows together. Sadly, she was cruising the Caribbean tonight, but I still made our pizza without her!
I like to load my pizza with whatever vegetables I have on hand-I even like black beans on it. Also, the original recipe calls for oil but I use applesauce instead. Try it!

Golden Globes Veggie Pizza
dough:
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons of applesauce 
2 1/2 cups flour

dissolve yeast in the warm water. add the rest of the ingredients and let rise for 5 minutes.

toppings:
diced tomatoes
1 bell pepper
spinach
1 onion
garlic
oregano
basil
crushed red pepper
salt & pepper
mozzarella cheese

spray a 11x7 pan and spread the pizza dough.
Add your toppings and bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
enjoy!!

Back to the Globes...I wasn't too impressed with the dresses this year but this was my fave.
No surprise here-I love her style!

Did you have a favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment