Wednesday, January 1, 2014

hello 2014!

Here we are in 2014-how did that happen?
I spent the last few weeks enjoying time with family and friends over the holidays. 
I rang in the New Year last night in Washington D.C. with 1000 other college students praising the Lord. It was the best NYE that I have had.
Great Gatsby theme:)

I have never been big on resolutions and truthfully, I didn't even think about any this year.
I always have goals for myself:to spend more time in the Word, to run faster, to be nicer...and it seems silly to wait until January 1st to start these things.

2013 was a year of changes for me.
I quit a job that I loved and learned how to say no.
I transferred to a new college full-time and made great friends.
I'm sure there were more, but that's all that is coming to mind right now.

For 2014, honestly I just want to be confident with myself.
I have realized that I lost my confidence three years ago and it is slowly coming back.
I want to look in the mirror and think "I feel pretty!" instead of seeing what is wrong.
I want to talk to people without worrying if they noticed that I forgot to pluck my eyebrows.
I just want to be confident, happy and free.
I know that my confidence comes from the Lord.
I love this verse:
This is my prayer for 2014: I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment