Sunday, January 5, 2014

January Blues

My mom and I share a disdain for the month of January.
I'm not sure if it's just the post-holiday blues or the bitter cold, but either way you slice it, January stinks. Along with the rest of America, I will be upping my workouts and focusing on my diet to get things in line after the holidays. Fun stuff, right?
If only this was my view each day....

I still have two more weeks of winter break-YES!-and I am trying to savor them. 
I have been cooking a lot for my family: this weekend was cream of wild rice & chicken soup, biscuits, taco salad another night..watching father of the bride pt. 1 and pt. 2, and just relaxing.
Honestly, as much as I have realized that I am not a 'college person', I am thankful in many ways that God changed my views and that I decided to go. I never would have realized how important it is to actively spend time with family.
That is another thing that I want to focus on this year. Being present with my family and my friends, and anyone that I encounter really. 2014 is the year that I am leaving the past behind, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment