Thursday, June 20, 2013

A day in NYC

Today two of my culinary dreams came true!
Sarabeth's Bakery for breakfast

Ever since I first got the cookbook two years ago, I have been DYING to go to Sarabeth's. We tried to last year when we went to see Wicked but they were booked!
We woke up at 4AM so that we could allow for time-I have major OCD when it comes to being early/on time and we didn't want to let it ruin our day. It was a smart choice!

I just got the buttermilk pancakes with strawberries, bananas and lots of black coffee.
My mom got an omelet with leeks, a bran muffin and divine strawberry/peach preserves.
It was a great meal and I can't wait until I can go back.
Then we went to see a live taping of The Chew on ABC.
It was such a fun experience! The episode we were there for won't air until Friday, July 19.
They were making no bake desserts. One of them was a watermelon granita that I am going to make tomorrow night for friends.

This stalkerish photo is Mario Batali-orange crocs and all-leaving the show! All of the hosts (especially Clinton who actually came over to speak to the audience) were so friendly and fun. 


Had to get an ice cream cone in Central Park!
I haven't even been on summer vacation for a whole week yet and I have done a lot of traveling! I have been taking advantage of the awesome restaurants that Boston and New York have to offer, trying to eat healthy but also eating a few more sweets than normal. Tomorrow I will double up on the fruits and vegetables. It is important to not get discouraged about a bad meal or day. Every new meal is a new opportunity to nourish yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment