Friday, June 21, 2013

Cafeteria copy-cat taco salad

Every time I visit my twin sister at her college (about 1/2 an hour outside of Boston) we go into the city. I truly love Boston and hope to go to graduate school there someday.
One of the places that I love most in Boston is Cafeteria.
Each time we have gone we have sat outside, whether it was October and freezing or June.



Their modern take on traditional "cafeteria foods" is so appealing to me. The past two times we have gone I have gotten this delicious, HEALTHY, filling taco salad. Today I decided to recreate it and it was divine! I didn't use any chips and I used spinach instead of romaine. I also didn't have any jicama like Cafeteria adds, but next time I make it I will add it.
The dressing is the really important part and I think I nailed it with this on a whim recipe.

Cafeteria copy-cat taco salad
1 can black beans
1 cup corn
1 cucumber
1 avocado
1 tomato 
1 cup spinach or lettuce
dressing
2 TBSP greek yogurt
1 handful cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
juice from one lime

Chop and prepare all veggies. Rinse and drain black beans. Combine in a large bowl. Mix together dressing ingredients and then pour on top. *if you are storing this salad, I would keep the salad and the dressing seperate until time to serve* 


This is the perfect salad for a hot day like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment