Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Helping the hungry

Last month I read an article in that has stayed with me. It seems that each week, my eyes have been opened to more hunger than I would have noticed in the past.

In high school, volunteering at a soup kitchen or food pantry was required on multiple occasions.
I enjoyed the experience, but once I fulfilled the requirements I was out of there.
My life (and priorities!) have changed now and I am anxious to get back to helping others.

The holiday season is among us and how sad is it that 842 MILLION people in the world don't have enough to eat?

They are sad truths, but we can help.
Tomorrow begins my first day at the local food bank, and I am excited to make a difference.
You can too! 
To find a food bank near you, go here

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment