Monday, July 8, 2013

back in town

I am SUCH an overpacker in general, but especially when trying to pack healthy snacks for a 6 hour road trip. What if I get hungry?! What if we only stop at Dunkin' Donuts?! For the record, we went to Dunkin Donuts so many times this past week but that's what Massachusetts is known for, so it was justified. Sort of:) Luckily, I only gave into donut temptation one time!

What else did I eat when I was there?


A burger. 
Yep, not a veggie burger-a beef burger.
I have zero guilt about it either. I have been a vegetarian for eleven months and counting and by golly I was going to eat a cheeseburger on the Fourth of July! And so I did. Enjoyed every bite too!

Today I started my summer job. I am working at a day camp so I thought I would pack some snacks in case I got hungry. Once again, I went overboard and packed way too much.

In my snack box:
blueberries
carrots & hummus
almonds (plain, no salt and dark chocolate roasted)
a special K strawberry bar

I only ended up eating the blueberries at camp but was glad that I had extra. It is so important to pack snacks with you. That way it is easier to override temptation when it hits you!

Back to work tomorrow morning...what should I eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment