Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me introduce you to my favorite cookies ever. They are delicious and pretty healthy too! This is my mom's recipe and something that we frequently have around the house. I have been known to eat a few for breakfast if I am in a hurry!
Health benefits of these cookies include: potassium, vitamin b6, vitamin C, fiber.

A few weeks ago I got crazy and tried a no-flour no-sugar version of these. They were alright but just not the same. I strive to eat healthy but sometimes it's okay to have some sugar!!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
chocolate chips (optional)
cinnamon

Mix ingredients together. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy!!

Tomorrow I leave to visit Massachusetts until Saturday. The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday and I am craving some holiday food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment