Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Strawberry Zucchini Coffee Cake

I had an unexpected day off today due to torrential rain, and it was amaze-balls.
When I got home from driving to work only to find out it was cancelled, I got back into my pajamas, drank an extra cup of coffee and watched an episode of Gilmore Girls.

I was in the mood for coffee-cake so I tried a new recipe
I wanted to use up some strawberries-one of my pet peeves is throwing away fruits and vegetables that go bad. Lately we have been doing a great job of finishing them before they do!

The original recipe is here but I added some adaptations to make it healthier for us of course.

Strawberry-Zucchini Coffee Cake
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup almond milk
-/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
- cups strawberries, diced
1 cup pureed zucchini

topping:
1/2cup sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
4 TBPS butter, softened
spoonful of brown sugar
cinnamon

-Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. 
-Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
-Fold in strawberries and zucchini
-Put in prepared pans
-Mix topping together in a bowl.
-Sprinkle over batter
-Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
Charlie wanted some too!
A perfectly relaxing morning!

P.S. I love these new Target pjs!


No comments:

Post a Comment