Tuesday, September 3, 2013

how to stay fit & full in college

I have been at school for about one week, and already I have discovered how hard it is to stick to my health habits that I was in at home. I want to be successful and I want you to be too! Here are some tips that we can all follow to achieve our goals, no matter the temptations!



how to
1. Plan your  meals
    -Knowing ahead of time what/when you are going to be eating makes meal time easy.
2. Walk to class
    -Instead of driving or taking the bus, get up the extra fifteen minutes and walk to class. Adding exercise, especially in the morning, gets your heart rate going and burning calories for the rest of the day!
3. Be intentional with your time
   -You are at college to study-so don't forget to. It is also important to take a break from studying; both for your mind and body! If you find yourself staring at the computer for hours on end, go for a run to clear your head. You will feel better in every way afterwards.
4. Find a workout buddy
   - Don't want to be antisocial? Who does?! Finding a friend who has the same fitness goals as you makes the decision to workout infinitely easier. Go to group exercise classes together or a run around the block. Have fun!
5. Pack a snack
   -For me, Tuesdays are my crazy days. I have class non-stop from 8:30-2. Packing a few snacks in my backpack prevents me from eating everything in sight when I finally get to sit down for a late lunch. Some good options are almonds, grapes or a granola bar.
6. Don't drink your calories
   -I know, I know..you've heard this before...but seriously: don't drink your calories. For a lot of people, college is crazy party time. Luckily, I have no interest in this but you might. Going out on the weekends is okay in moderation (if you are being safe too!) but you need to be aware of the calorie bombs that you are drinking. If you are planning on going out, eat clean during the day. Most importantly: remember to be safe!

Do you have any good tips for staying fit and full in college? Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment