Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos

If the cold that I caught over the weekend wasn't a sure sign of fall, the jeans and jacket that I had to wear today definitely was. The past few days have been so fall-like! I am loving it.
This weekend I had a fall dinner with my family, complete with roasted sweet potatoes, pumpkin apple muffins, a roast for the meat eaters and s'mores by the campfire. I hope this becomes a yearly tradition.

I also went apple-picking with the girls that I used to nanny for and their mom. I love how our relationship has changed from nanny and kids I have to spend time with to aunt & nieces. We picked MacIntosh apples that they are going to make applesauce with.
Yesterday I spent the day in bed recovering from a crazy head cold.
Luckily, it disappeared after I slept for 13 hours last night!

Tuesdays are my crazy days, so by the time I get home I am starving.
I had some sweet potatoes left over from this weekend, so I decided to make some tacos with them.
I am a relatively new fan of sweet potatoes, but I am loving them lately!
They really are the perfect fall food: did you know that they are high in vitamins A and C?
Awesome for keeping a fall cold away!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
-2 sweet potatoes
-1 can black beans
-about half a cup of water
-cinnamon
-nutmeg
-whole wheat tortilla wraps
-spinach/ other fillings if you want

Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces.
Put them in a large pot with the water.
Let it cook, while stirring, until the potatoes are tender with a fork.
Add the spices and stir.
Add the beans until they are warm.
Put in tortilla shells with your toppings and enjoy!!

These tacos taste just like FALL!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, looks and sounds very delicious...thanks for the idea..
    krisi
    http://excusemebutitsmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete