Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Happy Labor Day!
I don't know about you, but I am all holiday-ed out.
We had a big family party on Saturday night for my grandma's 75th birthday.


I may have eaten my weight in coconut cake.

Then yesterday we had a small picnic with my dad's side of the family.

I love holidays and the food that comes along with them (who doesn't?) but it makes it difficult to stick to your fitness goals. Yesterday, I was supposed to go out for 8 miles. I got ready at 7, headed out the door and it was drizzling-no big deal. I headed further down the street and all of a sudden it was a major downpour with thunder and lightning. I ran in the rain last week-once a week is enough.

I was so frustrated because I needed to get that training run in and I would have loved to do it in the morning, setting the scene for the rest of the day and hopefully not eating crappy post-run foods. 
You know what? It still worked. Once it cleared up,  I planned to go for my run after dinner.
I skipped all of the heavy, bloating picnic foods and just had a salad. 
Then I went out and did my run in record time! 
When I got back, I refueled with a kale smoothie and then later had some picnic treats.

How did you stay fit and full this weekend?
Enjoy your Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment