Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Things on the Horizon/Women's Health Wednesday

I am not sure if I have mentioned this here before, but my career DREAM would  be to work for Women's Health Magazine. The PA offices are pretty close to my hometown, and my mom actually worked for Rodale press before Women's Health was developed.

Besides the appeal of working in the magazine industry, WH inspires me each month about countless subjects. On Wednesdays I try to write about different WH articles to improve my writing skills.
As of yesterday, I am minoring in Communications. Whenever someone in my Nutrition classes hears that, they think it is so random! I can understand why-but I think it will be beneficial to me in the long run. I am nervous that adding a minor to my already heavy schedule will make me crazy-but I know that this is what I want to do, and I have to be 100% determined and dedicated.


I also just sent in my first food and health advice article for the school newspaper.
I have always used writing as a way to document my feelings and memories, but lately I have realized that I want to use it to educate others and be a voice of positive habits and health.

Adding this minor opens many career doors to an already expanding nutrition and health industry.
It is so exciting for me to think about my future!

I hope to be able to document these steps on my blog in the coming months and semesters.
I know that I am just getting started and that there is a long way to go, but time flies when you are having fun so busy doing school work that you have no social life but studying. How's that for a run-on sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment